Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All great ideas start with a cup of tea

It's true, some writers are inspired by scenery, others by music, art, a strange encounter on the street - any number of myriad experiences (just ask a SF author what inspires him and you'll get a whole host of bizarre connections between his toaster and alien mind control). I can't say I'm inspired by tea so much as my writing seems to improve when it's present.

Even so, this blog isn't really about tea (though there may yet be many references to it). I am keeping this blog in the hopes it will prove cathartic as I head into the self-publishing process on my novel, Cephrael's Hand (in bookstores soon!)

I've never been comfortable with shameless self-promotion, though I'm happy to shamelessly promote my yoga class to new students, but it's not quite the same thing as emailing all of your friends and asking them to buy your book even if they don't particularly like the Fantasy genre or even know enough of it to suspect that Cephrael's Hand is not an explicit novel about a young boy's personal struggle with puberty.

So look for more as I forage deeper into the forest of self-publishing armed with only an internet connection and a lovely cup of Harney and Son's Bangkok (green tea with coconut, lemongrass and ginger - an appropriate tea to begin any adventure).

1 comment:

  1. I'll buy your books. In fact, I can't wait until they are published! I'm a HUGE fan. And, agreed; Bangkok tea is the perfect tea to start any journey. I've got some in hand right now :)

    ReplyDelete